Tuesday, May 2, 2017

Happy Birthday Baby

I'm pretty irritated with myself! I wrote this birthday post over two months ago and never actually posted it! So here it is.....

One year. One year ago our lives changed in the best way possible. One year ago we met the piece of our family we didn't even know we were missing and can not imagine our life without anymore. One year ago our baby girl, Sweet Adeline, was born.



She had an interesting birthday party. We were so grateful that Gramma Lisa and Auntie Kaley could fly out for a visit. Unfortunately, most of us ended up with a stomach bug and her party was plagued with vomit and diarrhea! At least it was a party to be remembered!

Thanks for the visit!!!!


Adeline truly is a blessing to our family. I thought it would be a huge adjustment to being outnumbered and having three kids, but honestly, she just fits right in and I can't even remember what it was like to only have two. Now, don't mistake me. She wasn't/isn't an easy baby by any means. I've said this before but can't think of a better way to describe her; she is "high needs." She knows what she wants and needs and we all function better when she gets those things. She communicates those things well but I'm looking forward to when that communication includes actual words instead of high pitched squeals! She has started to say simple things like Mama and Dada and I swear I hear little phrases like thank you and all done too, but that could be my imagination.






 She is a happy, healthy little girl! At her one year check up she was 17 lbs 3 oz and 29 inches long. She has 11 teeth (including 3 molars). She has started pulling herself up on the furniture and her favorite thing to do is grab our hands and take us for a walk. It's only a matter of time before she's taking off on her own. She loves playing Peek-a-boo with her blanket. She just giggles and giggles every time. She also loves crawling around after her sisters and wants to do everything they do. She still gives daily snuggles to Mom and has recently decided to be a Daddy's girl as well. She enjoys greeting him at the door and will squawk at him until he picks her up and gives her hugs and kisses. We love her so much! Happy first birthday Baby Girl!


I'm pretty sure she didn't eat a bite of cake, but managed to eat most of the cherries off the top ! 

No comments:

Post a Comment