- Swimming nearly everyday at friends' pools, backyard plastic pool, water hole, or the aquatics center. The girls also had their first swimming lessons and even jumped off the diving board. Well, Eden jumped and Lydia was gently dropped :)
|Eden taking the plunge|
|Lydia being nudged|
- Fireworks, face painting, and mini golfing with Ryan and Courtney for the 4th of July
|Happy Birthday America!|
- Blueberry picking, popsicle eating, water balloon fighting, hiking, and other traditional summer fun
- Some fun date nights for Nathan and I. We celebrated our 7th anniversary, went to a Rascal Flats concert, and biked the Greenway.
- cross country trip to Utah for nearly 4 weeks. We were able to hit 3 different family reunions and spend so much time with family. First was the Anderson Reunion at our traditional location of the KOA in Lyman, Wyoming. The kids were in heaven with the playground, swimming pool, sand volleyball, a whole slew of cousins to play with. They also loved sleeping in the bunk beds in our cabin. Next, we were able to stay at my parent's place. We went fishing with Papa, saw all the animals at the fair, rode the donkeys, jumped at the Bounce House, attended the temple, and swam in the pool. The Feuz Reunion (my siblings) was also during that time. Brianne planned so many fun things for us including a trip to Cherry Hill Water Park, a race for the kids, soccer match for the adults, escape room, dinosaur dig, egg drop, Home Depot craft, and tie dyeing.
- Then, we went to Spanish Fork and stayed with Nathan's Grandma Smith. His parents and siblings were there as well and we were able to enjoy a week with them. We went to Seven Peaks Water Park, took a private tour of the new MTC, went to a BYU practice football game, met the BYU athletes and coaches at an event, rode ponies, went hiking, ate at some delicious restaurants, and played at the Lehi Fun Center. Finally, we went to the Smith Family Reunion at a huge lodge up Spanish Fork Canyon. We enjoyed waterballon volleyball, skits, card games, cupcake decorating, and visiting with family members we haven't seen in years! We were sad to say goodbye to everyone, but we were also ready to be home after being away for a month. The kids did amazingly well for such a long trip and we're already looking forward to going again next year.
|All asleep under their blankets and pillows!|
- We wrapped up the summer with a trip to Silver Dollar City with our good friends, the Young Family, for Labor Day weekend. Their twin boys are a couple of months younger than our girls and they are the best of friends! They had a blast riding all the rides together and we're so happy the Youngs invited us!
Our summer flew by and we're sad to see it go. But we're on to the adventures of the fall with camping, the twins' birthday, preschool, and many more things that will be for another blog post!