Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Day 1 of the Rest of my Life


Today was our first day at home with the babies. It was quite the day. I certainly miss being able to send them to the nursery so I can rest or shower. Four full days in the hospital gives you a false sense of I can do this and then you go home and surprise, it's a little different. I have so much to learn about being a mom but I love these little ones so much already!

I've started to write my birth story for those of you interested in knowing way too much personal information about me, but it's been next to impossible to find the time to finish it. Hopefully, by the end of the week. In the meantime here are some pictures from our day.

Swing time!

My setup for tandem nursing. I wrote this post while feeding them. Quite the feat of multitasking!

Lounging in their Boppy pillows
First family walk around the block. I thought I was going to die! I may have outdone myself physically.
Eden hanging out with Daddy.


Lydia's bath.

To bed at last!

6 comments:

  1. I remember after having emma our first thinking " I have no idea how women have more than one child?" i had never felt so physically exhausted in my life. i thought my legs were pretty much useless the first week post-partum and i thought my nipples were going to fall off. you are amazing, and keep up the good work. give your mom a hug for me and then have your mom give you a hug from me. i look forward to meeting your little ones when i come out in january to help my sister when she has her baby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We own those yellow duck pants and that purple-themed polka dot onesie. :D
    Sounds like you're doing great! The best advice I can give is listen to your body but also trust your husband. If you think you can walk some, do it. If you feel like it's time to ask for him to get you something from the fridge, do it.
    They're beautiful, lady. Congratulations again! Can't wait for the official birth story!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait for the birth story! I want to know that everything is doable and even though I'm not a first time mom, I want to see you prove that one can survive with two babies!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are so cure! And I swear, the first few months are hard, then all of a sudden you get a handle on things. We're so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Um it took me like 8 months to post my birthing story lol. But you know I suck at blogging :-) can't wait to read it! You can so do this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are darling! I sure wish I was close enough to hold them and snuggle them, and help you out. Nathan looks like a natural, and Laurel so do you. I can't imagine nursing two babies at the same time. Amazing! Give the loves and kisses from their Aunt Lori.

    ReplyDelete